Secret Speed Training Weapons
How would you like to be able to train over 100 kids at a lower rate and get the same results?
Resistance Band Training President, Dave Schmitz, has been known to train more than 120 athletes for Speed, Agility & Quickness…all at once!
Secret Weapon #1: Resistance Bands
Resistance bands allow coaches to train all aspects of performance, flexibility, foot quickness, agility, linear or lateral speed, stability, power, strength, endurance and first step explosiveness…to name a few.
Secret Weapon #2: Tennis Courts
This quick and easy location to do training with bands is essential for many reasons, some listed below:
- The surface on a tennis court provides optimal traction for deceleration training.
- It allows quick set up of partner band stations.
- Using the court lines for speed training allows optimization of the space.
- Poles and “doubles” lines allow for ideal strength & core training locations.
- Maximizing both sides of the court with 24 athletes or 12 groups of 2 makes coaching and monitoring movement quality much easier.
- Once band training is complete, doing simple 5-10-5 shuttles or some other shuttle variation for neuromuscular retraining is already set up by using the center line and the inside singles line.
Great Sideline Activities
Squat jumps, lunges, frog jumps, power skipping, mountain climbers, core work, etc.
Here is a quick video on how to use the local high school tennis courts for lateral speed day. Keep in mind that the goal of this camp on this day was first step speed training.
Like this blog?
Check out the blog 5 Reasons Performance Coaches LOVE Resistance Band Training.